Pages

Monday 23 December 2019

SLJ Activity 3: Scaling New Heights [6 points



For this activity, please select a charity that you are interested in. You may choose your own or use one from our list (below). Read about the charity.
List of Possible Charities:


Task description:Today I choose this charity  because ( please read this post : ).
This just  pop in my head for 5 mintues. The whole thing is that I had to think hard about what charity is important to me.And it was cancer,It was really sad  when I thought about cancer. I just hope  they'll get better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kia ora Hazel!

Cancer is such a sad thing to think about and I am wishing for people to get closer to coming up with a cure for all cancers. Do you want to have a job as researcher for cancer or something completely different?

Looking forward to your response!
Riiana

Heather Collins said...

Hi Hazel, this is Mrs Collins from Manaiakalani and I'll be commenting on blogs over term break. Well done on posting and participating in the SLJ this year. Why did you pick the CANCER SOCIETY? It's a very personal charity to me as my family and I have lost far too many family members and friends to this awful disease... Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep your learning up over the school break!

Eliza - SLJ said...

Mōrena Hazel,

Thank you for posting about the Cancer Society. I can tell by reading your post that you are a caring and empathetic person. How did you find out about this organisation? It breaks my heart to think about the amount of people who are affected by cancer so I have huge amounts of respect for these organisations who do some incredible work!

If you were to volunteer for another charity, what would it be and why?
Just a gentle reminder that the Summer Learning Journey finishes tomorrow (Friday 24th January) so you have until then to do as many activities as you can. Remember that the more activities you do, the more points you gain and the higher the chance of you winning some really cool prizes!

Have a groovy day Hazel and I really hope you have the time to complete some more activities over today and tomorrow :)

Eliza.

Post a Comment