Pages

Sunday 22 December 2019

SLJ Day 1 Activity 2: Discovering Aotearoa [4 points]


Activity 2: Discovering Aotearoa [4 points]
For this activity we would like you to think about your own experiences and your own cultural background. Where does your family come from? Do they come from Europe like Abel Tasman, Polynesia like Kupe, or somewhere else?
On your blog, please tell us about your cultural background. Where do you and your family come from?

Task description: Today I did a task that have been given that talks about my family background.Like a cultural background. and I just had to think about my own experiences and my own cultural background. I had to think about where my family had come from . Leave a comment

5 comments:

Laolao said...

Hi Hazel
Laolao here from point england school I really liked your blog post about your familys cultural background. How do you feel about your cutural background?
Laolao

Heather Collins said...

Hi Hazel, this is Mrs Collins and I'll be commenting on blogs over the term break. Well done on posting and participating in the SLJ this year. I like the DLO you created on "Discovering Aotearoa" and sharing about your family history. When we moved to New Zealand we too had to leave all of our family behind in England, but they, and some of our friends, have been out to visit many times... Keep blogging, and commenting on others to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes, and to keep up your learning over the school break!

SLJ Manaiakalani Cluster said...

Kia ora Hazel

Thanks for telling us a bit about your cultural background - I like how you added what both of your parents enjoy doing. Are both of your parents from Auckland?
It's sad that you don't get to partake in much of your cultural practices, they're often the best thing to keep the fire alive!
I like how your Dad enjoys rapping, would you say he was any good?

Awesome DLO, Hazel, maybe next time you could place the font in a more readable position so that we don't have to squint to read your wonderful mahi!

I look forward to reading more of your work :)

Ngā mihi,
Jordan

hazel said...

Thanks for commenting on my post jordan.My dad is a really good rapper all day , every day. Thanks for the reminder. for the fonts i'll change it real soon.
Keep it up
from Hazel : )

Anonymous said...

Talofa lava Hazel!

This is wonderfully decorated! The flowers are a nice touch. Do you have the same hobby/ies as your parents?

Sincerely,
Riiana

Post a Comment