Pages

Thursday 20 December 2018

DAY 1: In the Beginning...

Activity 2: North and South [4 points]
The country of New Zealand is made up of two main islands – the North Island and the South Island. Approximately 77% of the New Zealand population live in the North Island. Many of these people (including our Summer Learning Journey design team) live in Auckland city. Auckland is a great place to live with lots of amazing parks, beautiful waterways and stunning scenery to enjoy. It is also a busy, vibrant city with many cafes, museums, galleries and theatres to visit. I feel lucky to call Auckland my ‘hometown.’



Task description:Kia ora my Hometown is Rarotonga That's part of my favourite culture of all.I wrote  some  things that are speacial to me and my family I like dancing.Leave a comment

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kia ora Hazel,

You have a great name - my name is also Hazel! I am part of the Summer Learning Journey (SLJ) team this year, and I am so excited that you've decided to join us as we learn all about the world around us.

I really enjoyed reading about your hometown of Rarotonga. I especially liked how you used lots of descriptive language when talking about the way the sun shines and shimmers on the ocean. I have never been to Rarotonga myself, but everyone I know who has been there says that it is beautiful; I would love to go there one day. What would you recommend that I do when I am there? Where is somewhere that you would like to travel to?

Keep up the awesome work Hazel, and I look forward to reading more of your posts soon!

Hazel :)

Jasmyne said...

Hello, Hazel
This is an amazing Summer Learning Journey activity that you have done, telling me more about Rarotonga I think I would like to vist there don't you think,what would it be like if i first visited there?
Keep up the great work
Jasmyne

Hilary said...

kia orana hazel,
this is some great work of SLJ i really loved
how you described your homw town i think rarotonga is beautiful
and maybe i'd like to vist such a pretty island one day.
keep up the great work
-hilary

Post a Comment