Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

Day 2: Forest Life

Activity 3: Weird and Wonderful [10 points]
New Zealand is just one of many countries that has amazing plants and trees. In fact, the African desert is home to some pretty incredible plants, like the cactus. Some cacti are able to survive on as little as 3 millilitres (ml) of water a day. Wow!
Let’s imagine that you are given a cactus for your birthday. To keep it alive, you must give it 3 ml of water every day.
Over one full year, how much water will you need to give your cactus plant?
On your blog, tell us how to solve this maths problem. You can write your answer in words, use a Sketchpad image, or post a video explaining how you would figure it out. Be sure to give us your final answer in millilitres (ml).

So I did 300 divide by  900 = 3  or I can switch it around to 300 x 3  = 900 cause it really doesn't look  right.Then  I did  60  x 3 = 180 and so 3 x 5 = 15. SO I add 900 + 180 + 15 = 1095.

Cause to make the whole thing to connect with this is to think that the whole year is 365 days am I right.So I spit it up to three numbers 300 , 60 and 5 so I use time tables to connect with this work 

TASK DESCRIPTION:For my other task is that I have to slove something very hard till I use google to help me how many in a year .Cause I forgot about how many is in a year so it shows up a 365 days.Leave a comment

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Hazel, it's Billy here from the Summer Learning Journey programme. I was commenting on your blog posts and activities last summer. I wonder if you remember?

I am so pleased to see that you are keeping up the fantastic work again these holidays. I bet you are a really hard worker at school as well.

Well done on getting the correct answer!

I also used the same 'partitioning' strategy as you. It's a really handy skill to use in mathematics where you separate and partition numbers to make it easier to solve. 365 is a little messy so you split it up into tidier numbers to work with.

Since you are so clever, I wonder if I could extend you a little. Could you tell me how much water a cactus would need over a 10 year period?

How about 15 years?

Thanks and good luck,
Billy.

taka bazar said...

This site is really cool! I found here alot of information that I was looking for. I am really happy to be a part of This site!.sHungChu

Post a Comment